- Give yourself time before you start dating again
- Make sure you have examined and learned from your past relationship
- Know what you are looking for
- Understand the issues of remarriage, blended families, step-parenting
- Have fun!
You are ready now to date again. You have gone through the grieving process and thought about the issues around moving on.
Goals of dating
Start by thinking what you want out of dating.
- Are you going to just enjoy the dates without long-term commitment?
- Do you wish to meet new people to make friends?
- Are you interested in short term relationships?
- Are you looking for a serious relationship?
Your answer to these questions determines your dating strategy.
Lets get real
Forget perfection. Dating can be an awkward experience for many people. They feel they have to be perfect. You have to say the right things, dress the right way, like the right things, drive the right car and so on. The truth is no one is perfect. Accept you are not perfect and neither are any of the people you are going to meet while dating. A good relationship is where you recognize the flaws in the other person and love them because of it.